OUR MISSION IS...
community resources to promote, provide and build connections through
music education for DC students, during and outside of school.
- Having music included in the required DC school curriculum, as a discipline and integrated into the
academic curriculum, supported and enriched by CHIME programs.
- Enlisting community support for school bands, orchestras and choruses.
- Promoting and providing accessible ongoing after-school music instruction.
- Promoting and providing training in music incorporation for early childhood education providers.
- Establishing joint music projects between schools that help build community.
- Providing qualitatively richer lives for inner-city children, and connection to our multi-cultural
heritage, through exposure to many forms of music and the opportunity to learn how to produce it themselves.
- Helping to build the character traits and skills needed for successful lives, careers and citizenship through participation in music ensembles.