WHAT TEACHERS IN OUR TRAINING WORKSHOPS SAY
Excerpts from anonymous evaluation forms passed out after Kay Jones' In-school Professional
Development Workshops in 2002-2003.
Payne Elementary School:
- "Information was presented in a manner which would be relevant across the
curriculum: math-counting; social studies; how the scale was developed."
- "Provided hands-on activities and involved the staff."
- "The presenter knew her subject and made it very enjoyable. I wish we had
the instruments available to my class."
- "The presentation was excellent. I learned some basic facts about music I
didnít know. I was surprised how easily music can be played with the proper instructions."
Aiton Elementary School:
- "Excellent! Really learnt how to play. Materials and equipment were excellent.
[Strengths were] materials, hands-on practice, visuals, demonstrations, clear
presentation of integration of science, math and language arts subject areas."
Roots Public Charter School:
- "Enjoyed, and hope to see it at other public schools."
- "Workshop leaderís command of subject and open mind to other music."
- "Nice work Kay! Wonderful resources."
- "Nice hands-on activities!"
Bancroft Elementary School:
- "I always thought music was very hard. You made it so seem so simple. Now I can
really try to teach it!"
- "Great activity to include another of the multiple intelligences."
- "I enjoyed the workshop very much. The exploration of instruments and the actual
flute playing was very exciting."
- "Excellent program! I am very excited."
- "Well-organized workshop. Clearly presented ho to introduce this instrument in
the classroom with children."
M.C. Terrell Elementary School:
- "Excellent course!"
- "Wonderful activity for teaching content area"